Padmashri Darshana Jhaveri a classical Manipuri Dancer, Research scholar, teacher is one of the four internationally renowned Jhaveri Sisters, whose name has become synonymous with Manipuri Dance. She has dedicated her life to preserve, perpetuate and propagate the classicism of Manipuri dance under the able guidance of Guru Bipin Singh, who has blossomed her talent as a technically versatile and immaculate proficient dancer, having specialized both in Tandav Lasya elements of Manipuri dancing and drum playing. She has performed with her sisters all over India and foreign countries since 1958 and as a leader of the group since 1975 including Radio and television appearances, lecture demonstrations, workshops, contributing articles in magazines and news papers, seminars etc. She has collaborated with late Guru Bipin Singh by actually visiting Manipur since 1956 for more than 30 times, meeting various gurus learning collecting, recorded music and correlating the oral tradition with vaishnavite and Indian texts on dance and music, to create, to choreograph dance compositions within the tradition for the theatre. She has received blessings and appreciations from eminent Gurus of Rass and Sankirtan. In 1958 She and her sisters were the first non – Manipuris to dedicate their dances in the Govindajee place temple in Manipur.